Monday, August 27, 2007

Handdyed afghan/shawl kits just in!

It's been a while since my last post, but I have to break radio silence to tell you about this new JJs Hand dyed afghan/shawl kit.



My husband is begging me to make a blanket with this yarn. It is a combination of JJs Montage 8 Ply Wool, Mohair Boucle , and Brushed Mohair all wound up into one great skein. It really is the kind of yarn that makes you want to drop whatever you're working on and immediately get it onto your needles. I only have about 5 rows left before I finish the Sahara sweater, but I must admit, I am tempted! It takes one skein for a shawl measuring 25" x 65" or 2 skeins for a blanket.



Other Projects in the Store






Dianne just finished this cute little drawstring purse made with 1 ball of Reynolds Saucy and one package of the Adornaments. I will be posting the free pattern here shortly. This would be a great project or gift for a little girl, or you could use Halloween colors to make a treat bag.


Mirasol Project Yarn just in


The Mirasol Project is a new collection of yarn from Peru. Proceeds from the sale of this yarn are being returned to the village where is produced. The families of the Alpaca and llama sheperds in this area are extremely poor and the funds will be used to provide education, medical care and better nutrition to the children in the village. The best of the collection is Hacho - a hand-dyed DK weight Merino Wool.











New Fall Store Hours

During the summer we are closed on weekends, but yesterday we re-opened for the Fall. This fall we are open 7 days! Be sure to visit when you're in the neighborhood.

No comments: