Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Sleeping through the night

Robby is over 6 months old now and he is finally sleeping through the night consistently. He was a very hungry boy until he was about 6 months old. He still is hungry all day long, but I guess he gets enough to eat during the day now that he is eating solids.
Here is a picture of one of his baby blankets.


I made it with Knit One Crochet Too PJs . I almost always put fringe on my baby blankets. Babies NEED fringe. It is comforting for them to squeeze it in their hands. Robby needs to squeeze something in his hand when he falls asleep. Some babies like to hold it and brush it against their cheeks. Some babies like to finger the ends of the fringe. Some babies like to suck on the fringe. Robby likes to squeeze the whole blanket and smoosh it into face. He rubs it into his face when he is tired and pulls it over his head.
Baby Blankets make the best baby gift. You don't have to worry about them not fitting. You can never have too many blankets. They can use them for years. My daughter Chelsea is still using her baby blanket at 4. My nephews at 4 and 6 still use their baby blankets.
If I were sure it wouldn't wake him, I would take a picture of him actually sleeping with his blanket.

No comments: